I started on this Sailor Moon piece last year, but felt like I screwed it up when I started laying down my flats and abandoned it. It’s a common occurrence with me, tbh. I never really like my coloured pieces as much as I do the lineart.
When I found myself a little antsy last night, I thought I’d try to save it. If anything, I could do with working on my colour palettes and such.
I might re-do this in the future. This was meant to be the first of a senshi series that I’m not sure I’m ever going to get around to. We’ll see if I can get my head out of ass and get to it. 😛
Finally got out of that funk I’ve been in for the past year and am painting again, yay! In an effort to update more often, here’s what I’ve been up to the past couple of days.
Got off to a rocky start because just as I’d finished the lineart, I realised that I had forgotten to stretch my paper. I hadn’t used watercolour in years, you see, and it completely slipped my mind. Pallon suggested stretching a new sheet and using carbon paper to re-do it but I didn’t have the heart for it. This was already a re-do as the original was on regular sketchpad paper and I don’t think I have it in me to draw this fucking mermaid a third fucking time.
I did a really wet test on some scrap and found that it didn’t warp too much once it dried, so instead of risking stretching the paper with the lineart, I decided to start painting.