Got off to a rocky start because just as I’d finished the lineart, I realised that I had forgotten to stretch my paper. I hadn’t used watercolour in years, you see, and it completely slipped my mind. Pallon suggested stretching a new sheet and using carbon paper to re-do it but I didn’t have the heart for it. This was already a re-do as the original was on regular sketchpad paper and I don’t think I have it in me to draw this fucking mermaid a third fucking time.
I did a really wet test on some scrap and found that it didn’t warp too much once it dried, so instead of risking stretching the paper with the lineart, I decided to start painting.