A Dia delos Muertos-themed shoot inspired by the paintings of Frida Kahlo.
On Photos: Pola Castillo and Gabrielle Lopez
Photography, Concept, Art Direction: Katrina Pallon
Make-up and Styling: Gabrielle Lopez and Katrina Pallon
Corsets by Pola Castillo
This is probably my favourite shoot so far. I had so much fun with the make-up, even if symmetry was a bit of a problem.
The corsets were awesome. Pola made them herself and took about an inch to inch and a half off my actual waistline and made me stand up straight for once in my life. My back did hurt for a couple of days after, but what is pain in the name of beauty hahaha!
And what I find particularly awesome about this shoot is that despite the heavy Mexican influence, these photos still have a very Filipino feel to them.
Because you know, I’m nationalistic like that.
I am a big Tim Burton fan. So when Pallon asked me to help out on her latest shoot — a stylized recreation of scenes from our favourite Tim Burton films– I was stoked. These photos are the product of a little over two months’ worth of love, sweat, and weekends. It also marks one of the rare moments that I am in front of the camera rather than behind it.
Concept, Photography and Art direction: Katrina Pallon.
Hair and Make up: Gabrielle Lopez (except the Sweeney Todd photos, which were by Myka Francisco and Marnelli Puyot)
Styling: Gabrielle Lopez & Katrina Pallon
1. Sweeney Todd / Edward Scissorhands: Jhette Rayos
2. Mrs. Lovett: Marnelli Puyot
3. Jack Skellington: Russell Gabitanan
4. Sally, and Emily: Anne Choi
5. Beetlejuice / Mad Hatter: Migi de Belen
6. Lydia Deetz: Luisa Manuel
7. The White Queen: Jessa Ambat
8. Alice / Sandra Bloom: Trixee Ibañez
9. Victor Van Dort / Ed Wood: CJ Miñoza
10. Vampira: Anna Katrina (Hee-hee!)
11. Ping & Jing; Myka Franciso
12. Clowns: Julie Cola Shen, Migi de Belen, Camsy Ocumen, Rapi Castillo, Christian Tablazon & Adam Coony