It’s meme season again! Or something because I just got tagged in a bunch of them and I didn’t want to clutter up my Facebook page and/or feed, so I’m posting them here.
10 Books Meme
List 10 books that have stayed with you in some way. Don’t take more than a few minutes and don’t think too hard – they don’t have to be the “right” or “great” works, just the ones that have touched you. Tagged by Myka and Anne.
- Sandman – Neil Gaiman
- The Little Prince – Antoine de Saint-Exupery
- The Griffin & Sabine Series – Nick Bantok
- The Picture of Dorian Grey – Oscar Wilde
- Howl’s Moving Castle – Diana Wynne Jones
- Little Women – Louisa May Alcott
- Shogun – James Clavell
- Creation – Gore Vidal
- 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea – Jules Verne
- Daughter of Fortune – Isabel Allende
Because I was tagged twice, I thought I’d do the top 10 Comics one too, because making two top books lists is ridic.
- Sandman – Neil Gaiman (5ever.)
- Y the Last Man – Brian K. Vaughan
- Transmetropolitan – Warren Ellis
- Freakangels – Warren Ellis
- Steampunk – Joe Kelly
- Batwoman: Elegy – Greg Rucka
- JLA: Tower of Babel – Mark Waid
- Captain Marvel: In Pursuit of Flight – Kelly Sue Deconnick
- Birds of Prey – Gail Simone (it is almost physically impossible for me to pick a particular arc from Simone’s run because I love it so much it hurts.)
- The Nocturnals – Dan Brereton
15 Movies Meme
Tagged by Ram. The rules: Don’t take too long to think about it. Fifteen films you’ve seen that will always stick with you. List the first fifteen you can recall in no more than fifteen minutes.
- A League of Our Own
- Kiki’s Delivery Service
- Now and Then
- The Neverending Story
- The Empire Strikes Back
- Pacific Rim
- The Princess Bride
- Robin Hood: Men In Tights
- Bram Stoker’s Dracula
- Love Actually
- The Losers
Tagged by jiruchan! My handwriting has become increasingly terrible over the years. Computers have ruined writing by hand for us all.
01. a song that makes you want to fall in love MOONLIGHT SERENADE – Glenn Miller | 02. your favorite pump up song SCREAM – Michael & Janet Jackson | 03. your favorite song to rock out to HARD TO HANDLE – The Black Crowes | 04. a song that reminds you of summer STEAL MY SUNSHINE – Len | 05. your favorite cover of a song 2 BECOME 1 – Paul Gilbert | 06. a song you sing in the shower DANCING ON MY OWN – Robyn or OUT TONIGHT from RENT | 07. a song that reminds you of someone YOU GET WHAT YOU GIVE – The New Radicals | 08. what you want your wedding song to be BEYOND THE SEA – Bobby Darin | 09. your favorite 90s/2000s song BURN – The Cure | 10. a song to heal a heartbreak FADE INTO YOU – Mazzy Star | 11. your favorite song from a girl group STOP – The Spice Girls | 12. a song you know all the lyrics to WOW – Kylie Minogue | 13. your favorite oldies rock song THE BATTLE FOR EVERMORE – Led Zepplin | 14. a song by your favorite artist MY HEART DRAWS A DREAM – L’Arc~en~Ciel | 15. a song that you like to fall asleep to JOGA – Björk | 16. a song that makes you feel invincible SHOOT TO THRILL – AC/DC | 17. a song that makes you feel better when you’re down DON’T STOP ME NOW – Queen | 18. your favorite holiday song JOY TO THE WORLD – Three Dog Night | 19. a song that is from a genre of music you don’t usually listen to WORK IT – Missy Elliot | 20. a song you associate with your favorite book LONDON CALLING – The Clash
I’d bookmarked this fanmix yourself meme a while back and almost forgot about it. I have a whole bunch of fan mixes bookmarked on 8tracks so this was fun. I was going to create an actual playlist of this, but my music library’s still in such a mess since I botched up moving files from my old laptop last year and I really couldn’t be bothered to dig up CDs right now haha!
Anyway, that’s enough procrastination for one night. I suck at tagging, so if you want to do any of these, consider yourself tagged. Link me up if you do! 🙂