• Watercolour, acrylic and coloured pencil on paper.

So I finally got around to finishing her. Failed attempt at going 100% traditional. I think Photoshop has forever spoiled me because no matter what I did, I couldn’t get the effects I wanted using watercolour anymore and had to resort to blocking out the background in bronze acrylic paint to cover up the mistakes.

I had originally overlaid textures to it to jazz it up, but it was starting to look messy to me, so I went back to the pre-Photoshop scan. Oh well. Lesson learned. Next time, smaller paper and no painting when tired.

See the work-in-progress here: https://gabcanfly.wordpress.com/2009/10/06/wip-daphne/

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s